Sunday, 21 February 2016

#talk 37: my very warm hello to my readers, Once Promised project & life!




   Dear readers,

   I'm honestly very sorry about the lack of regular updates on my blog. But if you knew how hard I've been working in my regular life (3-5 am nights or should I call them dawns almost daily), I feel like you would understand and in fact give me a good hug and make me tea (yes, I fantasise about tea all the time haha). I finally had a short break over the Chinese New Year as I flew overseas with my family and will be flying overseas again next week for another family trip. Hopefully, work will fully settle down by March and I can update onesecondspring regularly again.

  I want to say thank you for all the lovely comments left on my blog and personal emails asking about my well-being. I've fallen sick on and off again (who won't with such unearthly hours) and often do become rather introspective as I wonder if such a hectic lifestyle is sustainable! I'm still figuring things out - between everything I love, this finite time I have, and what will bring me the greatest fulfillment and meaning in life. Tough life questions indeed - and thankfully, I have my family, friends and you, yes, you, this wonderful voice from across the world - who I feel share that kindred joy and spirit over beautiful thoughts and sweet wishes in a foreign language but - everyone can appreciate love right?

  That first few sparkles of feelings - that growth into something beautiful and enduring. Ah, this is why I read, this is why I write, this is why I translate.

  I'm going to try my best - really, taking out as much time as I have from sleep etc - to provide some more updates. I honestly feel so bad for The Princess Who Cannot Marry - after finishing this very entry, I'm going to try and finish up Chapter 14. I'm so sorry my readers for making you wait so long - I'm sure An Hun wants to give me a good kick in my butt to push me along as well. He is on a mission!!! 

 Before I end this entry, I also want to say that yes, Once Promised is getting a drama adaptation. Oh gosh, this made me so excited and I feel like only the drama adaptation of Lost You Forever and Heavy Sweetness Ash-Like Frost could make me more excited. I'm probably going to start my Once Promised translations again - but please don't hold your breath, unless you can hold your breath for a long time, because I'm still trying to get back to regular blogging and Once Promised is a story I really love but find very hard to translate - all that heartbreak guys, my heart is too weak, too weak.

 Without further ado, Happy Chinese New Year! Happy Valentines' Day! And, thank you, 

love,
decembi

21 comments:

  1. Happy CNY Decembi! It is nearly going to be Yuan Xiao soon but you really should be doing less moon-watching and sleeping more. I too have just posted something in Cloud Manor after a hiatus from blogging and was bitching about how tough life is when I saw your post, about your near sleepless days, I wonder if I can say - you make me feel so much better!! but-you-will-liekly-whack-me-on the head so I'll just be more circumspect and say instead that this cannot carry on.

    In my case, I have my kids who "summon me home" from work, and of course it means I have a lot of backlog since I can't do so much OT, but in retrospect, it could be a good thing. My company is still doing well, everyone is still holding on to their jobs, sales are still happening, so why are we working so hard? Anyway, take a step back and do not abuse your body too much. Take care and have a very happy Yuan Xiao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Moonblossom, happy chinese new year! So lovely to hear from you. Haha "moon watching" is such a lovely phrase. You are amazing - juggling work, kids and blogging! Thank you so much for your kind words - I wish us both the best for the Monkey year <3

      Delete
  2. Take care of your health decembi! I understand your woes because I'm pretty much going through it myself since my baby still constantly wake up hourly through the night and I'm back at work full time. T_T; Sending lots of love over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, sutekii!!! Work, blogging and a new born baby. Go you awesome super mums! Do stay healthy. I agree- health is the most important thing and I'm much more careful about resting enough this year.

      Delete
  3. one more day till Lunar New Year ends, make sure to rest more and well

    Happy Lunar New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Lunar New Year! <3 Thanks so much for your kind words.

      Delete
  4. Good luck in your work and daily life....stay happy and healthy always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Juli, thanks so much for your warm wishes! I will work hard :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Lunar New Year! Wishing you good health and having lots of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nan, Happy Lunar New Year! Wishing you good health and many blessings :)

      Delete
  6. Happy Lunar New Year! Wishing you good health and having lots of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Lunar New Year, decembi! Just one thing, think a drama adaptation of Lost You Forever will make me cry. This was the first Chinese novel to have made me cry, and I'm not sure how much of a tearjerker would a drama be! XD Take care! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Riley, I agree! I think I will cry buckets for Lost You Forever - but I still really want to watch such an adaptation! Hahaha.

      Delete
  8. Happy new year and thank you for updating us with news about yourself! Please take good care of your health and take lots of time for yourself and your family :) whether or not you continue to write and translate, we are already grateful for your time and will always love the work you've shared. Hope this year brings you good health and rejuvenation, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dree, thanks so much for the well wishes! My heart was really happy with what you shared with me. I will work hard :)

      Delete
  9. Dear decembi,
    I've always been a silent follower but this time I would like to voice my appreciation for what you hv done. You've been a God sent to bananas like me. I'm your north neighbor, speak the language but can hardly read the words.
    I've been checking yr sites on daily basis and knowing you're in good health is really the best Chinese New Year gift from you, more than your translations.
    Therefore stay healthy and I'll continue to read whatever you write or translate. If there's no new material, I'll reread the old stuff. I love to reread and would always discover something new, a new expression, a new feeling, etc, and it never fails perk me up.
    Take care and stay healthy!
    Asa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Asa, hahaha your comment is so cute! Thanks so much for checking my blog so often. I will definitely try and blog more this year. :) Thanks so much for your support <3

      Delete
  10. Dear decembi,

    I hope you're feeling better and happier - I understand that work can be immensely tough, and that it can drain you to the point where the only other thing you do in your life (besides eating and working) is sleeping. Hopefully work does settle down for you, and that you'd manage to find time to do the things you love, be it reading, translating, writing or just having a small cup of tea. Take care, and stay happy decembi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear dramasbooksandtea,

      Awww thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I also pray that work will get better and I can find proper work-life balance. Really need to work on the life part. And indeed, will take up your lovely idea of tea. <3

      Delete
  11. Hi there!

    I know it's late, but, happy CNY! Pls do take good care of yourself! Do not push yourself more than you need. My life too has been taken over by my work. That's why it's been a while for me visiting your site.

    I heard about the adaptation of One Promise, though I hope they can adapt Lost You Forever instead. I just finished watching drama version of Lang Ya Bang, or Nirvana in Fire. Man.. it was such a good and gripping drama. I hope all adaptations can be this good, unlike Journey of Flowers.. sigh...

    anyway, take care !

    -hh-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear hh,

      It's so wonderful to hear from you. Thank you so much for your well wishes.

      I hope that you will also get to enjoy good work life balance soon :) it's something I struggle with all the time.

      I haven't watched Lang Ya Bang yet! I have heard so many good things - definitely must watch since I heard it's full of eye candy ;)

      Delete