Saturday, 14 March 2015

#talk 32: Moon Poems



  Dear readers, I'm not sure if I will finish the Heavy Sweetness translations by this week as I spent most of my free time collecting and translating poems for my friend's wedding album.

  Here's a snippet:

 范成大 《车遥遥篇》 愿我如星君如月,夜夜流光相皎洁。月暂悔,留明待月复,三五共盈盈。

Translation: How I wish I were the stars and you the moon, nightly our lights will illuminate each other, 
                    And, when the moon temporarily darkens, the stars will glimmer and wait for its return,
                    On the fifteenth moon, we will reunite and shine together once more. 

  Hope you guys have a lovely weekend!

love, decembi

14 comments:

  1. That is lovely and thoughtful. You have one lucky friend! Hope you will share more of the poem translations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually i spent the most time searching for happier poems because most of the poems were about unrequited long and tragedy! I think a lot is still lost in translation and poetry is almost impossible to capture in a different language :(

      Delete
    2. But... aren't the unrequited love, longing and tragedy ones still amazing though? Not great for a wedding though, I'll give you that lol

      Delete
    3. I totally agree! They kind of make my heart bleed in a good way. I'll see if I will put more of them in one of my stories ;)

      Delete
  2. What a pretty poem! I love the scene it describes!
    Your friend will definitely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Cheam" but pretty. Translation definately required :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds so much better in mandarin though :( i often find i'm translating the literal meaning and losing the deeper poetic nuances

      Delete
    2. Even if you take care of the nounce, it may sound cheesy:

      Wishing I am the stars and you the moon; each night our lights intertwine In pure, white tune.

      Delete
    3. Haha that's a lovely rhyming rendition!

      Delete
  4. ChocolateCosmos15 March 2015 at 16:26

    Aw this poem is lovely~
    :)
    Nice gift
    Picture is beautiful as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) my friend's wedding album is 'oriental' theme hence she wanted chinese poems

      Delete
  5. nice poem translations! Chinese poems are so beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! They are also mostly sad haha

      Delete