Thursday, 26 February 2015

# talk 31: Ahoy! Europe!


    Dear readers, sorry for the lack of updates because I am in London for work. Hahaha. I over ambitiously thought I would be able to finish (I have half a translation entry done, and half of chapter 3 written) the entries while I was in London - but despite gaining 8 more hours when I arrived in London, I unfortunately could not transcend the physical limits of my own body. 

   I'm going to fly back today (so not looking forward to the long haul flight though Singapore Airlines is the way to fly) and will update hopefully at the end of this week (pray for me, the turbulence on the flights are crazy!). 

  I would just like to add a 'hello' to all my awesome European readers. I will be back in Europe again in April for a personal holiday with my family. It's quite a short trip - we will be going to Munich, Prague and Budapest. I would be so grateful to any (you don't have to be from Europe!) readers who could share things to do or visit when I'm in those cities! The last time I was in Munich was in 2008 or 2009 for Oktoberfest (I feel old). To be honest, I have been so busy, I haven't planned the itinerary beyond booking my accommodation and train tickets! Help me, so I have more time to translate and write ;)? Haha.

  Lastly, I'm doing a shoutout for Little Winter! She wrote to me telling me that she's going to write an Ancient East Asian Fantasy fiction. I think it's great that our rather niche community is growing in so many ways! Because, I have been so busy, I'm not as familiar with the blogs in the translation/fiction community as I used to be - feel free to drop your link in my comments to share your blog. 

  Enjoy! 

Much love,
decembi 

14 comments:

  1. Have a safe flight back to Singapore Decembi! I'm looking forward to your updates! ^o^ I've never been to Europe before and I wish to go there one day! *__* Anyways, please take care and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elaine! :) I need to adjust back to the time in Singapore now. I hope to update this weekend <3

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Decembi.
    I hope you had a nice trip! I'm eager for the next part of Heavy Sweetness. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I can't wait to read your story too ;). Yes, hopefully out this weekend.

      Delete
    2. Well the introduction and characters are out if you are curious. :D

      Delete
    3. I saw it! All the best for your story ;)

      Delete
  3. I am from europe, better to say vienna, austria (we speak here the same language as in our neighbour country germany) since both countries aren't that much different, I would say the historical monuments are quite popular with the tourists (beer, sachertorte & schnitzel in austria too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you so much for your suggestion!

      I love Austria. I actually travelled it quite extensively before because I had a roommate from Austria. I went to Vienna, Salzburg and Linz, and made a short stop to Bratislava as well. <3

      Delete
  4. safe flight and have a good rest ...take your time to upload ... i m waiting patiently .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ;) I am certainly going to have a nice long sleep after this. I think Heavy Sweetness will be updated this weekend <3

      Delete
  5. Oh! Have fun and go shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now trying to adjust back to the time zone :(

      Delete