Friday, 28 November 2014

#talk 28: dream BIG



      You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. This quote attributed to Christopher Columbus has been drifting continuously in my pool of thoughts. I think it's because it struck a chord in me - to touch a little of all that I love, is to constantly long for more. I wish I could write more here, do more there --- but it will never be enough, unless you make it so. 

  I suppose in order to fly, you got to give up standing on the ground. 

  In many ways, I feel like my blog is still a dream. I never imagined being able to share what I love on such a wide basis! To be able to write chinese fairytales and fantastical love stories, to share the joys and heartbreak of these larger than life characters, and to just rejoice that there are some stories that are universal, that can connect all of us from all parts of the world.

   As I planned the last arc of The Sun's Dark Love, I actually re-read Little Moon's Matchmaking Mission and... 

  I was surprised at how genuinely sweet it was (I hope it's not too egoistic to say haha)! Yue and Hsiao are soooo adorable. I wished I wrote more Yue-Hsiao scenes! I think one day I will edit chapter 16 to expand on some bits that I think could use some fleshing out. Yue and Hsiao will forever be my first love.

  I took a little break after I finished the second arc of The Sun's Dark Love - partly because work has been overwhelming, but also because I think I'm always a little sad when stories end. Maybe it sounds rather silly since I write the story, but sometimes, I think that also makes it harder to say goodbye. I'm still really excited to share the third arc though, and also a little worried that my writing simply isn't good enough for my ideas --- but I will try my best and hope for the day when my writing matches my ideas perfectly :).

 Finally, I have to confess that I absolutely cannot wait to share Yu An (Yue's daughter)'s story. Gosh, planning her story has been the most fun out of the three. I think it's because a lot of the difficult ground work has been laid in the first two stories and also because Yu An's personality is so kick-ass. I'm careful not to make any of the characters too perfect though, because I think perfection while sometimes satisfying in the vicarious sense, can also be boring? The only problem I foresee when Yu An's story starts is that I think everyone will be wondering who is the One True Pairing. Well, for once, my lips are sealed. 

love, decembi


14 comments:

  1. Happy Friday, Decembi! :D

    I really, really love this blog of yours. Aside from being the source of books' translation which i totally digging on, i love how you share your passion on writing with us. I super enjoy the Yue and Hsiao, and it's not egoistic to say the story is sweet for i too find the same. I'm sure the other readers have the same feelings. God, how i love to be alive in this era of technology. It connects us around the globe much easier. :)

    Re Yu An, i love her sassy personality! She's an angel and definitely the daughter of Yue and Hsiao. Heh, can we guess the OTP for her? It's merely a guess game, right?

    Once again, thank you so much for sharing your work with us. Really appreciate it! Take care now, decembi.

    Cheers, hh




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday, hh!

      Aww thank you so much for your support. I really enjoy reading all your thoughtful comments!

      I'm so happy that you like Yue and Hsiao, and Yu An <3. Yu An really is so fun to write (I wrote chapter one of her story already hahaha). You definitely can guess and support your favourite pairing, since for Yu An's story, I'm not going to reveal who is the final pairing. Her story is really fun and she gets to meet these equally amazing men! I have a faint idea of who she will end up ultimately with, but I'm not against changing it, depending on how the chemistry and story develops ;)

      Delete
    2. Omo. Did i just read 'amazing men' in your comment for Yu An? Meaning.. she will be encountering lots of guys? Wow! Harem is in the air! Hehe. Can't wait to read your story, decembi! :)

      hh

      Delete
    3. Hahaha! Died laughing when I read "harem is in the air". Well, there will be Hu Zi, An Hun and a third mystery guy ;). There's a fourth character I thought abt - but i like him so much, I think he might deserve his own story.

      Delete
  2. Add oil! Love love love your writing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Hanako! I'm so grateful for your support <3

      Delete
  3. Hi Decembi!

    I LOVE your blog, and I always get really excited when I see a new post. You're such a talented writer. I love how dynamic your characters are and how much thought you put into plot development. I'm looking forward to the last stretch of HSALF and feel relieved when you mentioned that you always finish projects you start (I'm a ES fan). Thanks again for entertaining all of us with your posts. We truly appreciate all your efforts.

    Take care,

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lily,

      Thank you so much for your support and your fervent support of HSALF <3. Yes, not being able to update The Emperor's Strategy honestly makes me very sad. But, I really have more passions than time, and I can only try my best. I'm now working on finishing The Sun's Dark Love and HSALF especially! Heehee

      Delete
  4. I like Yue and Xi Yang stories and am looking forward to Yu An story.. (Im guessing OTP is a certain someone from Dark Realm **giggle**)

    Thank you very much for sharing those stories and also all your translations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee fangorn, you are an An Hun fan aren't you?

      Thank you so much for your support! <3

      Delete
  5. Holiday Greetings and Thank you for your amazing writing. So look forward to all your post. For those of us who are not able to read Chinese, to find a place that translates novels and discusses authors is great fun. You and a few other blog sites I have found keep me in stitches. I can not read a chapter without the comments section too. YOU respond. WOW how kool is that. Ginny - PS I am sort of new to blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays, ginny! Thank you for your support. Aww, so glad to have brought you joy from my stories and translations <3

      Delete
  6. Happy holidays Decembi! It is bittersweet whenever one story comes to a close. As a reader, I can't help but to think of the characters every once in a while. I hope you will continue to write for a long long time! :)

    -CL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Holidays CL ♡! I agree, it's really bittersweet... you feel this sense of satisfaction and emptiness at the same time. Thank you for thinking of the characters! I will try my best to continue to write stories full of heart

      Delete