Monday, 1 September 2014

#talk 22: Legend of the Sun and Moon & The Journey of Flower (Legend of Hua Qian Gu) Trailer & Dramas Synopsis!



    I'm really excited that Legend of the Sun and Moon (星月传奇) (original title: Song of the Desert) starring Liu Shi Shi, Hu Ge and Eddie Peng is finally going to be broadcast. The broadcast date is 8 October 2014! Finally, my friends! Here's the link to the theme song video I translated previously. The drama is also gearing up its promotion again! Click behind the entry break for the latest drama stills and my translated drama synopsis for The Journey of Flower/ Legend of Hua Qian Gu (花千骨) starring Wallace Huo, Zhao Li Ying and Jiang Xin. 




  When I see Hu Ge and Liu Shi Shi, I don't know why but I think of Phoenix and Jin Mi. Haha.










   Wallace Huo and Zhao Li Ying don't really look like lovers to me, but they are very pretty indeed:



   Their drama is called The Journey of Flower/Legend of Hua Qian Gu and is adapted from the c-novel Hua Qian Gu (花千骨). The drama stills are so gorgeous and I've translated the drama synopsis below.





 Synopsis: Hua Qian Gu's (acted by Zhao Li Ying) father's dying wish was for her to go up a sacred mountain and learn martial arts/cultivation in order to avoid the ghosts that haunted her since she was born. In a gathering of immortals, Hua Qian Gu immediately decided on Bai Zi Hua (acted by Wallace Huo), and she became Bai Zi Hua's only disciple. After many years of accompanying each other day to day, Hua Qian Gu slowly grew feelings for Bai Zi Hua. In order to save Bai Zi Hua, Hua Qian Gu actually released the Demon God onto earth again and by some contrivances of fate received the power of the Demon God. Due to the immense grief from the death of her surrounding good friends, Hua Qian Gu broke the seal and became the Demon God. In the great war between the immortals and the demon, Hua Qian Gu forced Bai Zi Hua to kill her personally. Bai Zi Hua became crazy for two hundred years... until finally, he reunited with the reincarnated Hua Qian Gu.

   The chinese trailer: 




    The english trailer: 




  If anyone is curious, yes, I am painfully slowly reading Hua Qian Gu because I am such a fan of Wallace Huo, Jiang Xin and Zhao Li Ying. It's not a novel that sucks you in immediately, and also because of my busy schedule, I have not really gotten into it yet. I will see how good the novel is overall before deciding if I shall do some write-up/translations on it. I have supplemented the synopsis above with some of the details that I picked up from the c-novel. 

  It looks like a painful twisty ride for our two main leads! I don't really mind angst as long as Wallace Huo and Zhao Li Ying delivers on the chemistry! :) 

16 comments:

  1. If it's Wallace, i'm pretty sure he can deliver the angst really well...am torn of whether to watch hua qian gu or not because from the synopsis in ssb, it's not really my cup of tea...but i might just watch for wallace.

    I am really looking forward to watch Da Mo Yao though, wonder how hu ge will portray meng jiu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plot is really not my cup of tea as well. But the trailer looks good to me! I hope the female lead is spunkier and not too woe is me and long suffering.

      I think hu ge looks really great ae meng jiu! I'm worried of being on the sinking ship :(

      Delete
  2. FINALLY!!!! I've been waiting for DMY to air for like ever! Thanks for the update!

    I really, really hope that the drama adaptation doesn't fail me, especially after reading Tong Hua's sweeping romance via ockoala! I hope the quality is on par with or close to that of BBJX but from the leaked trailer from a while back, I'm a bit doubtful....

    Btw decembi, two questions:

    1) how's the MND recaps going?
    2) do you have a twitter account for the blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Heehee i think everyone has really high hopes for da mo yao considering how long we waited! I'm just a bit worried the production will look a bit dated. I think Hu Ge looks awesome though.

      1) I finished MND! Just had no time to finish the recaps :( will do so soon. So much feelings!!!
      2) Nope, heehee have never used twitter before. Am an it idiot

      Delete
  3. OMG, they found the worst dubbing cast for TJoF! The voice actors clearly cannot act. The drama is literally going to get lost in translation with western audiences...

    - anya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha the voices are so strange right? But omg an english trailer!! The first I have seen for a chinese drama!

      Delete
  4. FINALLY DMY!!! been waiting for ages. I hate the bloody censorship over there. bah bah bah.. thanks for the news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome! :) I'm so excited, will update if there are more news

      Delete
  5. hi decembi! hope you're feeling better, please take good care of you health :)

    have some thoughts on the recent chapters you posted for The Sun's Dark Love and Heavy Sweetness but haven't found time to write(type) them down.

    so happy to hear the news of the broadcast of Da Mo Yao *squeals* i hope it's good!!!

    -lemonsalt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I rest as much as I can!

      Ooh I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the sun's dark love and heavy sweetness ♡

      Me too! I hope i will be able to catch it upon broadcast!

      Delete
  6. Ah DMY's finally here! Second lead syndrome is strong in this one,lol.
    The Journey of Flower/Legend of Hua Qian Gu... that English trailer O_O. Well, this is the first.
    The guys in the novel treated Hua Qian Gu decently...except maybe the main lead >.<(on some occasions, but the male lead's not the type I like so....) , but I will be bias for Wallace and say he will treat her well in this one...with his visual skills :D

    ...But, I will wait for the English subtitles for both :D patiently.
    ~
    Hope you finish the novel before the drama airs. :)
    The drama looks very pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, ChocolateCosmos! I'm such a huge Hu Ge shipper in this one, that I feel sad already :(. No no no, why is he such a noble idiot.

      Heehee, the english trailer is pretty funny right? But, I think the special effects are decent! I have seen much worse. Have you read finished Hua Qian Gu? I think a favourite is that demon lord guy in the novel, who is supposed to be the prettiest in the land - the actor in the drama is not pretty enough, especially since Wallace Huo is sooo ridiculously pretty. Haha.

      I think Bai Zi Hua sounds like an awful character set up - the holier than thou shi fu who is caught between his responsibilities and his growing affections for his young apprentice/disciple. I don't know - it sounds wrong. Hahaha. But, I like the tension in how he is supposed to keep the world order and yet he knowingly nurtures the chaos that is Hua Qian Gu because he loves her - like his one small seed of selfishness. But the beginning of the novel really lacks any tension! Hahaha. Hopefully, it gets better, though I don't know when I will get enough time to read it. <3

      Delete
  7. Omg! This is no hoax? Oct 8? I'm so happy! But where can we watch it as soon as it's released? It's next month! Finally! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a hoax ;)! I watch most of my dramas on maplestage

      Delete
    2. Yay! How many episodes are they airing per week? I read on Wednesdays & Thursdays? =)

      Delete
    3. Hello! The drama changed its title again (lol). It's now called Miraculous Fate in the Wind hahaha! I will try and do a news update soon. It has 35 episodes and will show 3 episodes on each week day from what I have read :)

      Delete