Saturday, 9 August 2014

#talk 21: My first onesecondspring banner!




    I'm so touched because sutekii asked if I wanted a banner when she was making one for her blog. I just needed to give her a picture, text and measurements. And, she made five different versions for me! Oh gosh, I love them all, but I especially love the one I posted :). So, yesterday, mainly consisted of me looking at my banner and giggling. Haha. I'm really happy because I have loved that picture for a long time but it wasn't wide enough to be a banner, so I am grateful as always for having wonderful online friends. 

  Additionally, Moonblossom has set up her own blog at Cloud Manor. It's still relatively new and she uses it to post Melanie's wuxia (sword fighting) fiction, book reviews and possibly her own projects/fiction in future. It's a lovely blog and I plan to write a review for one of Melanie's stories one day. Both of them are uncompleted but they will definitely be of interest to you if you prefer stories with more swordfighting and a dash of romance. 

  Finally, to my fellow Singaporeans, Happy National Day! :) 

8 comments:

  1. You're welcome :) I'm glad you love it, let me know if you need new ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I also loved it when I saw.
    But it would be nice to have an autumn theme too. I wonder how it would be.
    When I look at your blog always reminds me a second love to which we have the chance to find or rediscover the first. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes that's a very good idea! :) Yasmin, you absolutely grasped the idea behind my blog name. In Chinese, a common saying for a second chance at love/anything is 第二春 (my second spring).

      Delete
  3. It's gorgeous! Congrats! Getting your own personal banner really does feel great! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! <3 Especially since I'm an IT idiot hahaha.

      Delete
  4. Hi decembi!

    Ah, now I understand why there is a sudden increase in number of viewers at Cloud Manor. Thanks for the advertisement, decembi, both for Moonblossom's blog and for my stories! Your kindness is very much appreciated and noted. :)

    The new banner is lovely! I was lurking around here a few days ago and noticed the banner before you let us know that sutekii had made it for you, and I was simply stunned at its simplicity and beautiful symbolism. The interlocking hands of male (blue) and female (red) remind me of a kind of perfect harmony between lovers, two hearts beating as one, two minds, though different, complementing each other and forming one whole. The flowing ribbons from the sleeves give the entire banner a sort of whimsical quality. And of course, the bed of flower petals surrounding the interlocking hands represents the "spring" in your blog's name. An absolutely marvelous banner! Great job, sutekii.

    By the way, decembi, I skimmed through your epilogue on Xi Yang. (I am trying to not read it fully until I read the main story first.) My thoughts on it? One big sigh... A sigh of anticipation for finally getting what I have been longing for - more Xi Yang. A sigh of apprehension for fear that I won't like his new love affair with another woman. Remember what I told you in my email? I am such a selfish, unreasonable person! *sob* How could I not want Xi Yang to move on?! *sob again*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Melanie,

      Yay! I'm really happy if more people visit Cloud Manor <3 hopefully that will motivate your updates!

      Ah, that's like the most poetic description of a banner ever! I had such a crush on this picture when I first saw it, but really had no idea how to make it into a banner. I so agree, i love the flowing ribbons awwwww. You describe it best.

      I can't wait to hear what you think of Little Moon. Hahaha. I think it's amazing that you really like Xi Yang, without really reading the story at all. Haha. You are not selfish and unreasonable. I'm hopeful that I can convince readers slowly that Wang Huan is the one for Xi Yang <3 I really like the first chapter to be honest, I just need a few more edits and it will be posted.

      Delete