Sunday, 30 March 2014

#talk 8: Journey With The Phoenix/ The King is Here being published!




   I don't know if readers have noticed but I will usually update the side-bar with books I recommend, although I tend not to write anything for the 5 star novels. One of those is The King is Here (本王在此) by Jiu Lu Fei Xiang (九鹭非香). I really love this novel, the first third was one of the best I've ever read, the second third was pretty painful, but the last third made up for it such that I still gave it 5 stars.

  I was really excited to read the news that it's going to be published with epilogues in April! Woohoo. Count me in. I'm moving house actually, so I've not ordered any of the books I've been wanting to order. I need to get a proper book copy of Heavy Sweetness, and I will be getting this as well! It has been re-titled as Travelling with the Phoenix/Journey with the Phoenix, which is a pretty cute title, but I still like the original title, The King is Here, more and no, the King refers to the female lead and not the male lead. I know, how kick ass is the female lead? 

  The main reason I have not written any thing about it, besides the fact that I already have too much on my writing plate is because this is actually one of the few novels on the top of my wish-list for translations. I'm very tempted to translate this after I finish Heavy Sweetness (although that would still take a few more months) hence no news from me here. 

  Ok, that's all from me for now. My next update will be a Heavy Sweetness translation update. For those waiting for my update on The Pillow Book, I'm sorry but you will have to wait longer because I need more time to go re-read Book 2 (haha). 

  Till then! 

17 comments:

  1. May I ask where do you buy the books? I want to buy some of the books that I have read online but couldn't find any suitable websites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't mind me asking, where do you come from? I'm from Singapore, so I can use vpost china to order things from china specific websites. I have not tried it yet, but I plan to use dangdang to order the books, sometimes there are different editions on different websites so you may need to google. If you can read chinese, douban is helpful too. I will maybe do a buyer entry after I buy the books to share info!

      I have problems accessing dangdang now, but here's the link: http://book.dangdang.com/

      Delete
    2. LOL, Im from Malaysia, neighbouring country. I will try dangdang site.

      Delete
    3. Hello neighbour! Ok, good luck, tell me if it succeeds :)

      Delete
  2. And that's another book added to my list. After discovering your site, my Chinese ebook collection has expanded exponentially. I don't know how much longer I can resist opening them up .
    The minute you mentioned that the King was referring to the female lead, I was already hooked without any context haha. I adore books with strong female leads. gah. Time to go download another ebook~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The female lead in this c-novel is really really awesome and beats the male lead hands down. May I add that the female lead is a DEMON KING? Yes. Hahaha.

      Delete
  3. Can you write a little bit of summary of this book recently? please. Decembi c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Raewadee!

      Haha to be honest, this is the c-novel I want to translate after finishing Heavy Sweetness. I also have a few book reviews in my to do list. Haha. So, I definitely will return to this book (which I love to BITS), but it all has to come up slowly since my health isn't too good and my workload is heavy!

      Delete
  4. OK, Please take care of your health.thank you so much for your work. I will waiting for you.
    if do you want to relax. I recommend 将军在上我在 and 无肉不欢.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations ♡

      Delete
  5. Hi Decembi c I have just completed both are foxes and would now like to start another book so was thinking of this book so do u mind if u just write a short summary on what is this story about?

    Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Er my memory of the book isn't so good... it's basically the love story between a Higher God and a Female Demon King hahaha.

      Delete
  6. Oh! Please do a translation on this! I am currently trying to read this (albeit, in Vietnamese) and it's getting a bit confusing since all the terms/ancient slang is kind of hard for me to understand. Plus, I love your writing style which peaks through your translation projects and, of course, in your works.
    So pretty please pick this project up after other one! No pressure though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! Thanks so much for your sweet comment Lilly Thai. This novel is actually on my list of translation projects but my schedule has been so busy. The other problem is that it's about 100 internet chapters!

      Delete
  7. I hope you consider this novel for translation. I just love the author other works, and love the way your translation is so smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you consider this novel for translation. I just love the author other works, and love the way your translation is so smooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Shau Xiong, thanks for your very kind comment! :) To be honest, I am still searching for my next novel translation project. There has been none that just GOT ME in the heart like Heavy Sweetness.

      The King is Here is a very close second, but it's a bit too long for my liking as a project!

      Delete