Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Official Translation Project: Heavy Sweetness Ash-Like Frost



      I will be officially translating Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost. It's quite a heavy undertaking and I'm both nervous and excited. Thanks to Peanuts, I've gotten Xiaoyuer's permission to continue where her translations left off. I have not read through her translations yet, but from the document Peanuts sent me, it looks epic. Xiaoyuer even has footnotes! I have to confess that I don't think I will be that detailed. I will try my best to convey the spirit and understanding of the book and try to highlight certain concepts rooted in ancient Chinese mythology, but I'm no expert myself and I'm going to go for ease of reading more than accuracy. 

  Xiaoyuer will hopefully be fixing her tumblr soon! I won't be posting her translations here, because I think respect should be due to all her hard work previously. I will provide a detailed summary of the prologue and first 7 chapters and my first translated chapter will be Chapter 8. 

  I will be finishing up the summary and review for 3L3W, 10 Peach Blossoms and finishing up Part 3 of Chapter 18 of the Pillow Book soon as well. December and early January will be transitional periods with a lot of moving, work and trips - and I will likely be sent to Hong Kong for 2 months. But, after that, I hope to settle in a good regular pace. I will aim to get a translated chapter out a week, or at least half a chapter, because I like to read things at a regular pace (haha). So, look forward to it. Look forward to the awesomeness of Phoenix Fire Deity vs Dragon Night Deity <3 (P.S. When I first read it I was a total Phoenix Fire Deity, but after it ended and I started to reflect, I might have converted to a Dragon Night Deity shipper!) 

12 comments:

  1. Hello,
    thank u so much!!! just to show u love tht fans r reading ur post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aww that's so sweet. I can't wait to start posting the translations too! I'll try to post them up as fast as I can <3

      Delete
  2. hey decembi,

    may from shushengbar here.

    very nice of you to translate HSALF! it's second novel after i read da mo yao because of xiaoyuer's blog. was quite crazy about the story and read it a few times. (because i skip through some parts initially) will be nice to read your translations and enjoy the story once again!

    good luck with the moving and settling in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello May,

      So sweet of you! Thank you :). HSALF was my first ancient fantasy c-novel so it's special for me too!!! Will try my best to get it up soon. <3

      Delete
  3. Welcome :)! Will work to get everything up and running as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi decembi,

    I left a long message here yesterday but it didn't post. I tried again a second time, but it still didn't post. Anyway, I am too lazy to re-post my long message. I just want to say that I will be following your Heavy Sweetness translation! Thanks for the hard work!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so sorry I did not get to see your long message. My email is onesecondspring@gmail.com if you ever like to share again! :) Thank you

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited to hear that you're translating this. I've been getting into Chinese dramas/novels lately, only I don't understand Mandarin and have to rely on subtitles. I love the lighthearted humor in Heavy Sweetness, so I'm glad that you're picking up where Xiaoyuer left off. So, thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for your comment. It's much appreciated and motivates me for the project very much :) Am working on posting the first few parts of it soon.

      Delete
  6. Oh My god! seriously ?! Yay Yay !! Thank you! I Love this book. I can't wait to read your translations !:3

    Little Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Little Red, yes seriously :). You are welcome! I hope you will enjoy my translations <3

      Delete